Climbing to greater heights
Christchurch Airport is committed to supporting the recovery and development of aviation activities in the South Island and across regional New Zealand.
Since our beginnings in 1936 Christchurch Airport has led the way in aeronautical innovation. We’re committed to keeping our industry partners up-to-date with the latest technologies, systems and processes.
In the last decade we’ve also demonstrated a clear ability to adapt to changing conditions around us. From earthquakes to unprecedented travel restrictions, we’ve stayed the course and even turned challenges into opportunities.
Christchurch Airport’s long-term strategic vision includes cultivating a strong and sustainable aeronautical environment, as well as contributing to the attractiveness of Ōtautahi Christchurch as a place to live and visit.
With excellent access to the city, suburbs and wider region, combined with all the modern aviation infrastructure and services you’d expect from a world-class airport, Christchurch Airport is set to meet your aeronautical needs.
Our aeronautical highlights include:
- Christchurch Airport is a non-curfewed, internationally equipped airport, featuring a 3,300m x 45m paved main runway
- Full immigration and international customs facilities
- Zero-emission gate power infrastructure for jet aircraft
- Regular passenger services to 15 airports across New Zealand
- Up to 19 return services per day to Auckland and Wellington
- Scheduled freight services to Auckland and Palmerston North, plus major global hubs in Australia, Dubai, Singapore, China, and the United States
- Several of the world's leading ground handling providers operate at Christchurch: Planebiz (Menzies), Swissport, and Air New Zealand
- Aviation refuelling services provided by Air BP and Z Energy
- A dedicated FBO facility at GCH Aviation at the southern end of the airfield
- Airfield parking for aircraft up to ICAO Code F
- Freight forwarding by many of the world’s brands including DHL, Hellmann Logistics, Mainfreight, DB Schenker and others
- Home to the Canterbury Aero Club, offering general aviation services and flight training.
Take a look at our Route Map to see all our national and international flight connections.
To contact a specific airline operating out of Christchurch Airport, please visit our Airline Contacts page.
If you wish to discuss aeronautical opportunities, please contact us here.
Weekly airfreight services to Dubai via Melbourne
Domestic network strength
Regular flights to 16 destinations across New Zealand
International passenger and freight services non-stop to Singapore four times a week
Facilitating export of the South Island’s premium stone fruit crop
Omni Air International
Charter flights in support of the United States Antarctic programme
We see occasional visits from the impressive 747-8F
Bringing high value imports all the way from Europe