COVID-19 airport updates
Christchurch is at Alert Level 2. For the latest updates and regional information visit covid19.govt.nz
Quarantine-free travel from Australia is currently suspended.
Keep up-to-date with the latest airport information below.
At the airport
While we’re in Alert Level 2:
- Please allow a little more time to get to your flight.
- You must wear a face mask from the time you exit your transport, in the terminal and on any flight within New Zealand.
- Please use the NZ COVID Tracer app or the manual sign-in process to record your visit.
- Inside the terminal, please stay one metre away from anyone you’re not travelling with.
- You are welcome to use the hand sanitiser units throughout the terminal, most easily found outside all toilet blocks.
- Our frontline staff are always happy to assist you, so please ask them for any help you need.
Domestic air travel
If you have questions about travel during Alert Level 2, we recommend visiting the government website for accurate information.
International air travel
Visitors and tourists can still use international air services to travel home but commercial flights have been impacted. Do not go to the airport unless you have a ticket. If you do not have ticket, contact a travel agent or airline directly. If you can't get a ticket, please contact your country's embassy.
Retailers and eateries
In the terminal
Some retailers and eateries in the terminal are open with safety measures in place to assist with physical distancing. Trading hours may change from time to time, however vending machines and water stations are always available.
At Spitfire Square
Retailers, eateries and other tenants at Spitfire Square are open with safety measures in place to assist with physical distancing.
On the airport campus
McDonalds and KFC are open.
Pick-up and drop-off
The Loop remains open for free pick-ups and drop-offs in private vehicles (no parking).
Express Park, Short Stay and Long Stay are open. The Orchard Road car park is also open and you can wait here for up to 30 minutes free before picking someone up from The Loop. Park and Ride is temporarily closed.
Click here to book parking online.
Taxis, rideshare and car share
Rental car companies are now operating. Check directly with the operator for more information.
For information about public bus services please visit the Metro website.
Please talk to your accommodation provider for more information.